- What is a pair of good arch support shoes?
- 5 men shoes with good arch support
- 5 women shoes with good arch support
- Benefits of arch support shoes
- Cons of arch support shoes:
Traditional shoes are an indispensable part of our outfit. Most of us wonder whether to buy shoes based on how fashionable, how endurance and how expensive they are. However, there is one crucial factor that we must consider when choosing brand-new boots. That is how the shoes will affect our health.
I’m sure that the majority of us have to suffer from the feet and heel pain, even plantar fasciitis if we wear the regular shoes all day. Additionally, overuse normal shoes can lead to supination or over-pronation. That’s why manufacturers invent the shoes with arch support in order to help you release the pain and repair your gait.
What is a pair of good arch support shoes?
We only recommend the shoes with very highly positive reviews by verified customers. There are some bad manufacturers who hire freelancers in order to write good reviews for them as well as delivering fake bad reviews to their competitors. Otherwise, verified customers are those who actually bought the product and their deals are tracked by Amazon. Thus, their reviews are real and reliable. Beside skimming through the reviews on each manufacturer website, we are also collect users’ experiences and discussions on related forums.
Additionally, Amazon has an interesting feature which let us know how useful a review is. If lots of people like it, Amazon will highlight the useful review and put it on top.
Approval by American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
Like any other products related to medical treatment or health care, there are a number of regulators who take responsibility for checking the quality of arch support shoes. Therefore, we highly recommend you to purchase the products which fulfill the Physician-recommended criteria of APMA. Simply put, a product with APMA seal of Acceptance/Approval program is a strong plus.
Well-known brands in the industry
These brands have heavily invested in Research and Development department in pursuance of ensuring that their customers enjoy the best orthotic support ever.
Approval of well-known podiatrists
Beside APMA, there are a number of high reputation podiatrists who have enough knowledge and experience to verify the attribute of the shoes.
Based on the aforementioned criteria, here is the list of 10 great shoes with good arch support
5 men shoes with good arch support
|Top||Image||Product's name||Price||Editor Rating|
|1||Vionic Men’s Orthaheel Technology Walker||$$||4.8/5|
|2||Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes||$$$||4.6/5|
|3||New Balance Men’s MW928 Walking Shoe||$$$||4.5/5|
|Saucony Men’s Grid Omni Walking Shoe||$$||4.4/5|
|New Balance Men’s MW928 Walking Shoe||$$||4.8/5|
The Vionic Men’s Orthaheel Technology Walker has won not only the seal of Approval from APMA but also the positive reviews of more than 500 customers from Amazon and other forums. The shoes feature the patented Orthaheel contoured arch support which has a deep heel cup to fix your walking gait.
- Design: There are totally 5 different color combinations which vary from manly whole black to elegant white/navy.
- Pros: As mentioned earlier, the brand has gained a massive amount of positive reviews. Thanks to the featured technology, customers still feel comfortable after break-in period as well as releasing the heel pain effectively.
- Cons: The product is quite pricey – at least $100.
- Size: Be cautious when choosing the size because they tend to be small. The tip is to add up a half to one full size.
- Good for: Walking and standing all day
This product is rated 4.5 stars calculated from more than 900 customers’ reviews from Amazon. Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes utilize the Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar triple-density midsole system which increase significantly the thickness as well as the comfort of midsole. Simply put, the shoes will mitigate pronation and smoothen the walking motion.
- Design: There are totally 3 colors – black, white and brown suede which are suitable for people in a wide range of ages. Fine leather workmanship.
- Pros: For those who have to work on their feet the whole day, this pair of shoes is a perfect choice thanks to the solid and firm arch support.
- Cons: Costlier than other shoes. They are not for those who walk a lot.
- Size: Like the Orthaheel Technology Wallker, the Brooks are often a bit smaller, so order up a half to one full size.
- Good for: Customers who stand all day.
The product from New Balance employs the signature midsole Rollbar technology in order to stabilize the rearfoot of users who suffer from moderate to severe over-pronation.
- Design: As you have already known the sporty and dynamic style of New Balance, the MW928 are divided into 3 different colors including black, white and dark brown which are suitable for almost every outfit. The upper part is made from leather.
- Pros: Suitable for heavy people and over-pronators.
- Cons: Too stiff and normal endurance, expensive – $125+
- Size: Size is a plus, big toes cap and wide width.
- Good for: People with moderate to severe over-pronation as well as those who stand all day.
Like the Rollbar technology, the shoe applies Grid System Technology which has the same impact on stability. Saucony also has HRC Strobel Board which keeps you comfortable over a long walking distance. This pair of shoes fulfills all of the standards of SADMERC.
- Design: Well-designed and suitable for white collar job with 2 standard black and white colors. The upper part is made from leather and the rest is synthetic.
- Pros: Nice look, good value for money.
- Cons: The leather top and side will make your feet hot during summer, the available cushion inserts are quite thin, not suitable for those who have high arch.
- Size: wide range of size from 7 to 15.
- Good for: for moderate pronators and office workers.
Beside being approved by APMA, the Asics shoes exploit the signature dual density midsole system which helps their users maintain the comfort and stability over a long walking distance.
- Design: There are 2 sporty designs available: The black/silver and the white/royal/black.
- Pros: Breathable upper material, light-weighted with smooth transition from heel to toes. GEL cushioning technology maintains comfort over a long distance. Long endurance. Good value for price.
- Cons: The available orthotics are not good enough.
- Size: From 7 – 14
- Good for: people who have to walk regularly like reporter, stock broker, waiter…
5 women shoes with good arch support
|Top||Image||Product's name||Price||Editor Rating|
|1||SPIRA Women’s Classic Leather Walking Shoe||$$||4.8/5|
|2||Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes||$$||4.6/5|
|3||Orthaheel Womens Elisa Mary Jane Wineberry||$$||4.5/5|
|4||Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker V-Strap Walking Shoe||$$||4.4/5|
|5||Vionic Women’s Walker Classic Shoes||$$||4.9/5|
4/5 stars rated by more than 300 satisfied customers – this number says everything. Approved by Medicare, the shoes are well-known for its shock absorption ability thanks to the technology of Wavespring.
- Design: Neat and elegant. There are 2 colors: black and white, easy to mix with many kinds of clothes.
- Pros: Great treatment for planter fasciitis, knee pain as well as being comfortable for those who work on their feet for 14 hours a day. Other features are shock absorption, slip resistant and light-weighted.
- Cons: The arch support isn’t good. For those with high arch, an extra orthotic may be needed. Sometimes, you can feel the spring coil motion under your feet.
- Size: From 6.5 to 11
- Good for: Women who have to stand or walk for a long period of time such as nurse, chefs…
Like the Brooks Addition Walker for men, these shoes for women are also highly rated and gain good reputation for their strong support for low arches.
- Design: Designed for casual office wear. 3 colors available: black, white and bone.
- Pros: Well maintain user’s comfort for a long period of time. Long endurance and large room for your toes as well as for extra orthotic.
- Cons: Expensive, up to $212. Not suitable for leisure place due to their formal appearance. New shoes don’t smell good.
- Size: Big toes cap and big place to insert orthotic.
- Good for: Women who have to stand or walk for a long period of time such as nurse, chef
Specifically, these are slippers with arch support. The Elisa Mary Jane is classified as a low profile shoe which is suitable for casual office wear in a tropical weather area or during summer time.
- Design: Cute design inspired by minimalism. There are some colors to select.
- Pros: The insert can be removed. The deep heel cup help release the heel pain, cure plantar fasciitis as well as repair your stride.
- Cons: Beware the wet hazardous area due to the slip-resistance is not so good due to rubber sole. Polyurethane upper can be easily scuffed. Low profile design.
- Size: Big room for toes, some sizes available.
- Good for: Those who work on their feet all day.
When it comes to shoes with good arch support, we think about Brooks immediately. Most of Brooks satisfy customers’ need and so does Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker V-Strap. This product is quite similar to the aforementioned Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker. The extra feature is the 2 velco straps which facilitate the get-in and get-out process. The design, pros, cons, sizes and target customers are identical to the previous Brooks Walking Shoes.
As the Vionic for men, the women’s version also applies the technology of Orthaheel arch support as well as deep heel cup. They are also approved by APMA. The good news is that the founders of Vionic company are Podiatricts, therefore, your feet will surely be free from plantar fasciitis and heel pain.
- Design: Wide range of colors for women to choose: black, white/blue, taupe, white/pink, black leather…
- Pros: Beautiful design, great arch support and very comfortable.
- Cons: Normal endurance. Brand-new shoes may be a bit stiff, quite pricey.
- Size: from 5 to 11, a bit small.
- Good for: walking and standing all day.
Benefits of arch support shoes
As I mentioned earlier in the introduction, shoes with good arch support will complete the missing element of a normal pair of shoes – heath care and support.
These aforementioned problems usually happen to those who have high arches whose causes are related to biological issues such as cerebral palsy, neurological disorders, spina bifida, polio, Charcot-Maria-Tooth disease, inherited structural abnormalities, even stroke. However, wear wrong size shoes can harm your foot and lead to high arch symptoms. For instance, women are 2 times more likely than men to suffer from high arch due to the habit of wearing incorrect size high-heeled shoes. However, the symptoms are popular among men.
Therefore, it is urgent to identify whether you are suffering from this condition or not. Some common signs that indicate your feet are not in good form include:
- When walking or standing, your heel is painful. In other words, you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis;
- It’s hard to keep balance, high arch can harm your ankle;
- Your toes are injured or worse, can lead to hammer toes;
- Some calluses appear on your feet, especially on the 2 sides, the heel or the ball part;
For more specific, this special type of shoes is one of the best treatments for this malady. They will help you distribute the whole body weight on your feet and thus, reduce the pressure on your heel. Simply put, they support your fascia ligament properly. Additionally, they also absorb all the sudden shock thanks to the special mid and insole designed by wise podiatrists. These pairs of shoes have the ability to correct the way we walk. In order words, they can cure the over-pronation or the supination.
According to a study in 2006 by Roos E and al, Lund University, department of Orthopaedics, Sweden, the combination of foot orthoses and night splints can ameliorate your feet health in 12 weeks and the treatment still continues to work until the next 40 weeks.
Despite the fact that arch support shoes are very useful, they still have some weaknesses.
Cons of arch support shoes:
Firstly, because each arch support shoe is carefully designed for a specific customer, the cost that we have to pay tends to be higher than a normal shoe.
Secondly, the shoe will repair your walking motion as well as alleviating the supination and over-pronation, therefore, you will feel uncomfortable at the beginning.
Thirdly, the size is sometimes wrong if you buy the shoes online.
These shoes above are highly rated by thousands of users who are now free from plantar fasciitis, heel pain, over-pronation and supination, hammertoes or claw toes. They are also selected by most of podiatrists as a crucial part of high arch treatment plan.
Not only outside of your house, a proper treatment should include some extra remedies like night splints and regular exercise. The process could be effective faster if you combine the shoes with arch support house slipper. Don’t go barefoot at home.